Have you ever gotten the job objection when prospecting in your network marketing business?
It would’ve sounded something like this: “Oh I can’t do your business, I can’t let anything interfere with my job, so I wouldn’t be able to prospect.”
How did you handle it?
My Epic Fail Responses to The Job Objection
I know when I started, I didn’t handle the job objection very well. My responses ranged from:
- thinking of that person as beneath me because they were in a job and liked it and not as enlightened as us “amazing” network marketers (pretty arrogant right?)
- trying to convince them that they could work it in on the their lunch break, after work and weekends
- challenging them (one of the worst responses) about how serious they were in achieving their _______ (whatever they said they wanted from the business)
- trying to help them think of who they know outside of work that they could prospect
None of these responses to the job objection brought the desired result, aka, a new team member, believe it or not (haha).
Then I found the secret trick to handling this objection that the top earners use.
Crush the Job Objection with This Secret Trick
When you use this trick, you will:
- make them feel good about their job AND you
- find out if it’s a smokescreen objection (not real, they were just trying to be nice but really wanted to tell you they weren’t interested)
- get to the real objection
- find out if they’re really qualified to work with you
- get them to possibly “lean in” and want more
- be happy to refer you to others who might be open
I outline the secret here in the video:
Pretty amazing secret right?
Have you ever used this response with a prospect when they gave you the job objection?
If so, let me know by leaving a comment below, or find me on Facebook and Twitter. Feel free to share with anyone who’s been struggling with this objection and needs a better way to handle it for more success!
Call me: 469-224-7898
Email me: email@example.com
P.S.: Do you want to make money with your business on Facebook?
Here’s a FREE Facebook Cheatsheet to help you…enjoy! CLICK HERE